How Out-of-Towners Can Get Locals’ Deals in the Vegas Strip Clubs

If you’re a devotee of the Vegas strip clubs it pays to be a local. Consider:

♦  Locals get in free at Sapphire’s Pool and Day Club (out-of towners pay $20-$30)
♦  Locals get in free at Little Darlings on Mondays (out-of towners pay $33 or $13 with our coupon)
♦  Locals pay only $3 for beer at Deja Vu Showgirls (out-of-towners pay $10)
♦  Locals get in free at Palomino Club (out-of towners pay $30 or $10, even if they drive themselves)
♦  Locals pay $7 for beer at Crazy Horse III (out-of-towners pay $13)
♦  Locals always get in free at Play It Again, Sam (out-of towners pay $10 after 8 pm)
♦  Locals pay $5 for beer at Hustler Club (out-of-towners pay $10)
♦  Locals pay $0 for drinks at Hustler Club from 4-8 pm (out-of-towners pay based on the drink)

In addition to strip club deals, many casino shows and attractions (including spas, museums, rides and even wedding chapels) offer locals deals, often 50% off tickets or two tix for the price of one, etc.  Many of the casino hotel pools have free days for locals. And many of the casino hotel buffets and restaurants offer discounts of 20% to 50% to locals.  Vegas takes care of its own.

And how do you prove you’re a local at a Vegas strip club or a casino ticket sales office?  By showing a Nevada ID.

Now, far be it from me to advise anyone to get fake Nevada ID just to save money on drinks and entertainment. Ever since 9/11, the federal penalties for getting caught with bogus ID are simply not worth the risk.

But you may be able to qualify for a 100% legal Nevada ID, even if you don’t live here full time. The Nevada DMV will issue a “Seasonal Resident ID” to anyone who lives out-of-state but qualifies based on part-time Nevada residency.

A Nevada Seasonal Resident ID looks like a NV drivers license and is 100% legal.  These cards are available to anyone who:

◊ Temporarily resides in NV for a period of at least 31 consecutive days in each calendar year;
◊ Maintains a temporary residence in NV;
◊ Returns to the state or jurisdiction of his residence at least one time during each calendar year;
◊ Is registered to vote or pays income tax in another state or jurisdiction; and
◊ Does not engage in a trade, profession, occupation or gainful employment in NV.

Seasonal resident identification cards are marked with a designation that the holder is a seasonal resident and is licensed in another state. You must meet the proof-of-identity requirements for a Nevada ID card. These cards are not issued to tourists from foreign countries.

The acceptable proof-of-identity documents include a passport, a birth certificate, or a state-issued drivers license.

You’ll also need to prove your social security number with a SS card, W-2, or 1099.

And you’ll need to prove your seasonal Nevada residency with two documents, such as utility bills, rent receipts, bank statements, or a notarized letter from the owner of a NV residence indicating that you physically reside at the residence for at least 31 consecutive days per year.

This might sound like a lot of documentation to get together, but most of it’s no big deal. Everyone has either a passport, a drivers license, or a birth certificate, and you only need one of those items. Everyone’s got an SS card, and if you don’t, then dig out your last W-2 or 1099 or even a pay stub if it has your SS# and that qualifies. You only need one proof of SS#.

The trickiest documents to come up with if you don’t actually live here are the two proof-of-residency docs, especially if you’re not renting or leasing a residence and have no Nevada utility bills. But do you have a friend in NV who will write a statement saying that you stay at his address for at least 31 consecutive days per year? If so, you can get that letter notarized, take it to any bank and open an account using that address, and you’ll have your two proof of residency docs–the notarized letter and the bank statement with your seasonal address.

Not everyone from out-of-state will be able to get a seasonal NV ID card, but for those who come here often, it might be worth the trouble to get the docs together. If you’re interested, check out the official DMV site that explains the requirements.


  • (will not be published)