Zero Gamblers at Binion’s Vegas Last Night

Met a friend downtown last night.  We found zero — *zero* — gamblers on the table games at Binion’s.

The Fremont Street Experience was almost as bad, and he said it had been dead all week.  He’s staying at the Plaza.

Meanwhile, new shutdowns were expected from the Nevada governor last night but didn’t happen.  Maybe he has realized that there’s little left to kill off.

So the reopened Vegas strip clubs survive for now.

52 Responses to “Zero Gamblers at Binion’s Vegas Last Night”

1. Aaron

Yeah i heard there was supposed to be a press conference or announcement last night at 7 but i didn’t see anything on the interwebs.
    Officially canceled my aug 15 trip and locked in my Halloween weekend plans for vegas. Maybe it will be better maybe not but the Circa is doing a partial open with the big pool and huge sports book so at least it will be interesting.

2. Bill

I had booked rooms at Delano for August holding out hope but guess I am getting a refund this weekend. I knew it was bad but was trying to convince myself it might be alright but this tells me no.

Bill, if you like a gaming table to yourself, it’s that kind of time. Also, it’s easy to get reservations at whatever good restaurants are open.

But we’re starting to lose even top restaurants now. For example, Le Cirque at Bellagio is gone for good. So is Sage at Aria.

3. Chris

Either rip off the band-aid or slowly peel it away. We as a country decided to slowly peel it off and all it is doing is making things worse. Maybe one day the true damage done to our country during this time period will be fully calculated.

4. PRJOHN

I’m curious how they are going to handle the fascist rioters from ANTIFA on Saturday at 7 pm when they are supposed to start a riot at 7 pm on front of Bellagio

5. Davehat

Strippers will simply stop going to work, if there’s no customers.

Isn’t late July/early August typically a slow time for the city?

Davehat, yes we’ve just entered the traditional slow time. It usually lasts under Labor Day weekend.

There are customers in the strip clubs. They’re locals, but they’re spending money on the girls.

6. Davehat

Video worth watching about Vegas Positivity (for the future):

youtu.be/c7XDYGZDOok

7. Davehat

Le Cirque is still in business. Just temporarily closed like other places.

– Sage and Five50 had their leases not renewed, so MGM could replace with their own, cheaper brand (Moneyline). Fortunately Chef Sean McClain still has a restaurant open in Mandalay bay.

• 808forever

Yeah, that’s what a couple of dancers told me when I went this past Saturday night to Palomino, that yesterday was the last day of business for now. I kinda hope they lied, or found a way to stay open somehow.

808, they are closed but may reopen as early as next week.

But it’s also possible that it’s much longer than that or even never.

8. Chris

So now even the fine dining that I always looked forward to in Vegas is disappearing… I guess Applebees will be just as good on the Strip as it is back home… I guess I don’t care anyways since I don’t plan on ever staying at any of the Strip hotels anymore anyways. I guess Nevadans finally bit the hand that was feeding them.

9. Bill

Be prepared the almighty and great one is going to grace the people of Nevada with a announcement on their future rights tonight. He will be giving an update on what types of employment is ok and how much of it is ok

Bill, yes, the almighty and great one announced that bars in three counties could reopen, though not in Vegas or Reno.

But if we wish and pray, he might feel in the mood to reopen Vegas and Reno bars next week.

I can’t tell you how much I loathe this tyrant.

• Aaron

What happened? Did they get tagged for mask non compliance, or was it some other issue?

Aaron, I don’t think they personally got tagged for anything.

Sisolak has been cracking down on lounges that don’t serve full dinners.

Sisolak is either an incompetent boob or a tyrant. Probably both.

• 808forever

I was told by one of the Palomino dancers the closure was due to Bat Plague, but I suspect it was something else.

Still, if they do reopen next week that would be great……….

……….unless Shittylack shuts us down again (he did say no more phases for reopening going forward)

• Johnny T

That’s not correct. Deja Vu is open and operating like normal except the bar area is closed off. I was there literally just last night.

10. Arnold Snyder

CES 2021 is reportedly cancelled for January.

This is why I keep saying don’t count on this to end in November.

However, we do have an October surprise coming that may make a difference.

11. BennyHill

The election is lost to Biden.

More fucking stimulus checks and $600+ weekly to sit on your fucking ass at home until God knows when.

Just great. While I pay for all this shit by actually working and paying taxes.

God help us all.

• Bill

I thought They cut it to 200. I don’t know these riots seem to be backfiring more and more Americans are against blm

Bill and Benny, I’ve seen it as law as $100 a week to as high as making up 70% of a person’s former paycheck, including state unemployment.

12. Davehat

The exact amount of unemployment bonus is undecided. That cancels my Thursday trip to Palomino and Dejavu.

Sapphire Pool was taking reservations for July 4 then July 17 and now August 1. They should just open already. Other poolclubs like Encore, Marquee, Wetrepublic are open day & night. (Even Intrigue/Tryst which permanently closed last year has reopened it to make extra cash.) Sapphire should open & make cash.

13. Nunya

Unemployment is being batted around at 70% of pre-Bat income (up to regular state limits) as well as $400 per month extra (vs. $600 per week). It was announced yesterday that CES was moving online for 2021, however that would be done. Meanwhile, I saw a guy yesterday driving through a Publix parking lot in a convertible, with the top down, and a mask on.

14. 808forever

So Shittylack’s got a “plan”, eh? I shudder with anticipation xp

Oh, and a Facebook friend of mine posted this to her wall. Got a few laughs out of it. She’s quite naive and gullible BTW

• BennyHill

Sahara claims untrue, however can we sue them if they do close in September?

POTUS looked weak today with suggest postponing the election. Not good optics and leads me to believe internals are terrible.

BennyHill, they’re all in deep trouble financially, with Trop up for sale and Sahara empty.

Trump’s internals are fantastic — I can tell you that for an absolute fact. He was roping in the Democrats to say the election must happen on time because the October surprise is going to take out their candidate and their planned replacements.

15. davehat

Moorea topless pool is open, so Sapphire should be allowed to open too. The Library in Anaheim is now open 7 days a week as an outside stripclub. I plan to see it tomorrow. More details available on their instagram.

I cannot imagine Cirque going out of business. They have open shows in Mexico and China, so they have revenue coming in.

16. 808forever

Decided to spin by Deja Vu after work tonight to see if the place was open, as an earlier poster claimed. Only drove by entrance as it was 3:30 when I got there, and two uniformed doormen were out front. It does look like the place is open. Furthermore, their FB page has been posting regular statuses for the last few days, another indication of being open. Meanwhile, Palomino’s FB page made a post earlier yesterday about their ‘indefinite closure’.

I find it odd that Deja Vu somehow finds a way to stay open, while Palomino (the far better and busier of the two) is closed for the forseeable future. Something’s up here, and I don’t like it one bit.

17. Davehat

808:
    A friend shutdown his restaurant not because of state mandate, but because he was losing money. It wasn’t worth opening. Palomino may be the same situation?

• 808forever

Dave, I sincerely doubt that Palomino was losing money.

Two weekends ago, I went to both clubs on the same night, around 10:30 pm, starting @ DV.. DV had about 6-7 dancers working (none worth looking at for me), barely any bottle service going on the floor (most tables had only 2 people each), and only one dancer went on stage while I was there. I bought one $16 beer and nursed it as best I could, hoping to see better dancers, but alas, it was not to be. Only one dancer approached me, but she wasn’t to my taste. I stayed there an hour at best estimate.

OTOH, Palomino was wayyyyyyy different (midnight arrival). There were far more dancers there (2, maybe 3x the amount DV had, possibly more), significant bottle action (and every table was full, so many people were standing), and the main stage was never empty until close to closing (sometimes having 2 dancers on at once). Dollar bills were flying on stage. I found many of the dancers to my taste, but eventually choosing one named Jessica. Drank about 4 $7 beers, so a better value on alcohol than DV was. I left around 3:30 am-ish feeling much better than I did at DV.

In addition, I’ve been to Palomino just about every weekend since the initial reopen. I’ve witnessed the club steadily getting more and more business each time, to the point where I was forced to wait to get in at 2:30 IN THE MORNING. This was the day I was told by the dancers about the the club’s reclosure.

Based on this, there’s just no way the club wasn’t making money. I say again: Something’s not right here, and I don’t like it one bit.

808, thanks for your report. I agree with every word.

The issue is that Palomino is technically in a different city than Deja Vu, with different politicians to deal with.

I expect them to reopen very soon.

• 808forever

Arnold, I’ve never heard about Palomino being part of a different city before. That’s quite interesting. Does that have anything to do about the grandfathering of the full nudity with alcohol serving?

808, Vegas is technically a mishmash of multiple cities. The actual city of Las Vegas is very small–downtown and a few small old neighborhoods around it.

Palomino is in North Las Vegas. There’s also Paradise and other cities. So some Vegas strip clubs are governed by Las Vegas, others by Clark County, and Palomino is governed by North Las Vegas.

And yes, that has a lot to do with the grandfathering and also with who is still open and who isn’t.

Comments